Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kindness

At the moment I am working on kindness.

It is important for me to be kind to myself, to be compassionate. While I often think I am being kind to myself, I think in reality I'm not. Either I am beating myself up for not being that special kind of perfect I reserve only for myself or I am using being kind to myself as an excuse for not looking after me. I want to be kind to myself by celebrating my successes, being proud of me, by giving myself opportunities to enjoy life and by doing those 'looking after'y things that make me feel better, that make me healthy.

At the same time, I am also realising that when I was sick I was unable to really consider anyone else. And now I am recovering I am able to really consider people and start repaying the incredible kindness and compassion I have been shown. I want to really think about people, really listen and do those things I am able to do that will make them feel good.

This also means balance, something else I am working on.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Frankie B:

    The love that you love yourself will never fade, it make you a happy person to love others too.

    ReplyDelete