Monday, August 1, 2011

Holy Moses!

Oh goodness! Today I finally bit the bullet and looked at all my due dates for the year. Holy Moses are they close! It will all be over by the end of October. This is not ideal. But I have drawn up a calender with all my due dates and made them all a week early, and I've written down my priorities for the next month. I think it's do-able as long as I keep it manageable and don't get overwhelmed. I mean I am already achieving things I couldn't imagine months, even weeks, and to be honest days and hours, ago. I handed in an essay yesterday and today I did a presentation. The first presentation I have done alone and the first presentation I have done on feminism outside of the comfort of a gender and women's studies class. It sounds a little crazy to say a 20 minute presentation, worth no marks, has been one of the biggest challenges so far, but it has been.Granted, it wasn't intellectually challenging, but shit was it emotionally challenging. When I was in high school I refused to recite a poem in front of class and I took English literature instead of plain old English because I knew you would have to do a speech. I didn't sleep well last night and this morning I was a mess; I threw my socks on the floor because they were uncomfortable, I almost cried because when I went to tear off a banana from the bunch it peeled itself instead, and I swore bloody murder when I got gunk on the lid of my drink bottle. But I walked to uni in the sun, noticing my breath, the white washing on the line and the kingfisher on the power line. Long story short, I did it.I didn't puke or cry or run off. I answered questions, I gave my opinion and I am proud. Because of this I feel like I can finish the year without disaster and I can do three more presentations without dying.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud prooouuud PROUD of you! So proud I could keep saying it over and over and stilll mean it just as much every time :) :)
    Admittedly I giggled when I read the bits about getting cross because they were so uniquely you! Also because I like swearing bloody murder.
    LOOOOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete