Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not everything goes to plan

Yesterday and today have oh so kindly tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me things don't necessarily go to plan. Yesterday I was going to make dinner in my 2 hour break, but us being us, we hadn't done dishes in what appeared to be a decade. So I spent the first half hour organizing the dishes and cleaning the bench to get ready to wash the dishes! Then when it was time to do the dishes there was no hot water, so I waited half an hour (and watched tv) and washed the few things I needed to make dinner under the increasingly luke warm 'hot tap' anyway then I got to the business of making dinner (which I enjoy). By the time dinner was ready to be eaten it was the end of my break. So I ignored the plan and enjoyed dinner with Charlie :) But after all that kafuffle I was shattered and needed a break... which got longer....and longer....at which point I went to bed early. Oops. Today I stuck to my plan up until a point but I just wasn't ready to go back to work at 3.30, particularly not with the heartbreaking and anger inducing dissertation on disability to write! Or three equally as ominous thought barriers to get over (i.e what next? how do I make sense of this? what am I trying to say? etc). So I haven't really got that far. At five I had a teensy weensy melt down (partly cause my oh so clever and spectacular niece invited me to her school play - in which she is the female lead! Which I just wont be able to go to) during which I said "Why don't I just quit?" and closed the book I was working in. But the oh so wonderful and rational Charlie helped me make a very complicated and long winded plan for the next 42 days. That's right I only have 42 days until it's all over. Any way now I have restored my faith in plans and my ability to follow them I'm feeling pretty good :) In the event that not everything goes to plan, make another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment