Monday, September 5, 2011

Making Plans

Today has been a good day and it's only 11am. Sunday I was feeling awful and admitted to Charlie I was scared and overwhelmed by honours and as always he said just the right thing in a way no one else would be able to get away with. He made a plan for me which told me when to study and when to have breaks, I didn't start it yesterday cause I had class which kind of got in the way, but in a good way even though I felt nervous about going back to class in case someone, god forbid, asked me how work was going. But they didn't and it was nice to be back amongst people I am starting to think of as friends, it will be sad when it's all over saying good bye (although me being me I won't say goodbye I'll sneak out the door when no one's looking). Anyway today I have started the plan charlie made for me and for the first time in ages I can write this with out feeling as though I should be studying - I don't have to, it's my break :). I got up at 6.30am (actually out of bed at 6.50, but it's all good I'll try harder to get up tomorrow), Charlie made me a coffee and I got straight into studying at my desk in our lovely warm room where I could see the sun rising :) At 8.30 I had breakfast and a sit down and got back to it at 9. I took a five minute break about 10 (lying own on the bed noticing my breathing -a little bit of mindfulness -something that I know has helped me stay sane in the past) and felt super rejuvenated!Now at 11 I have 2 hours to do what I like -so I'm writing this then I'll have some lunch and watch a trashy programme and if I feel up to it do some dishes. I'm going back to work at 1 and then at 2 I will have a half our coffee and trashy tv break and possibly dip something into Nutella :) Then another 2 hours a dinner break of two hours that just happens to be when neighbours on (yes it's trashy but I love it) 2 more hours work and then an hour to chill out before bed. it might sound a bit crazy and freaky military regimey but I feel so good and relatively stress free I have my day planned out with scheduled breaks instead of guilty minutes that turn into hours of not studying. And I know this being the first day it's all well and good saying I'm enjoying it now and sticking to it but it's another thing to say the same in a week or two. But then at the moment knowing I am capable of even one days real decent work awhile feeling positive is so valuable to me I don't care.
Another thing I'm doing that may or may not be constructive is making lists. I have been haunted with lists of things rushing around in my head I would do if I could and it has made me resent studying .But I have started writting them down and I haven't felt haunted anymore, I've just a bit excited about all the things I can do when November comes. Until then I'm content studying my little butt off :)

2 comments: