Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two things

I came across this quote reading an interview with Nancy Fraser for my social theory/third wave feminism essay. I have really liked what she has had to say in the past but had forgotten all about her until she popped into my head this afternoon. Anyway this interview was one of those things I read that just blow my mind open with all these new thoughts and possibilities. I had almost forgot the feeling, but not anymore. I think I get that feeling more from social and feminist theory than anywhere else and it has rekindled my love for it at just the right time. Anyway she said a lot of wonderful things but it was this quote that made me want to scream yes! I feel exactly the same way! and with further ado, here it is:
"throughout my adult life I have cared passionately about two different things: the intellectual project of understanding the world and the political project of changing it” -Nancy Fraser , 2004

Another thing that I am really enjoying tonight, and I may have already said this, and it may be really weird but I really love numbers I enjoy writing down page numbers especially where there is some symmetry to them like 22 or 1111 or 8383. I think they're lovely. I really like letters and words as well but I prefer to write them down feeling the shape of them and seeing my hand and pen create them. I know I'm abnormal but I don't care I am enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment